COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
Arnett Construction – Charleston, SC
Diversified commercial contracting firm looking for a qualified commercial superintendent to lead field operations. Positions open due to significant growth and new projects in Charleston, SC Metro Region. The project superintendent is responsible for all site construction activities including all field and subcontractor personnel as required to successfully complete the project/work on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, coordinating all trade and field personnel while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Candidates must have previous experience in construction management or other related fields, must have strong skills in time management, communication, ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure. The right candidate must have the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all parties involved in the construction project and while handling difficult issues and/or personalities.
- Build and manage job schedules and hit target milestone dates.
- Build and manage job budgets and consistently bring in jobs at or under budget.
- Review job cost reporting and assist project manager in maintaining budget control.
- Build all projects in accordance with approved construction documents and specifications and that changes are communicated, red-lined, and otherwise documented throughout the construction process.
- Order materials and schedule inspections necessary.
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials and customers.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepare daily reports, safety reports, schedules.
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy & regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean organized job site.
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with necessary subs, vendors and customers.
- Review subcontractor scopes of work and provides feedback to project manager prior to contract award.
- Provide feedback of reviewed submittals for compliance and coordination.
- Excellent communication skills are required to manage daily activities with customers, employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, safety, and production in all phases of construction.
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields must have strong skills in time management, communication, ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge and ability to perform hands-on work
Skills Strongly Desired
- Working knowledge of BuilderTrend software
- English / Spanish Bilingual
- Familiarity with local subcontractors and building codes
- Historic renovation
3+ years commercial construction experience